LIFE, AUTUMN / 1998
It was filmed in rural Russia, near the city of Smolensk. It shows a small village, where all young people are gone and only older people are left. There is shortage of basic material necessities, but at the same time they are in possession of the simple, but most important core values and elements of life: their Village, Time, Friends and Family, Children, Wedding, Thunderstorm, Morning, Conversation, Happiness, Death, Sun, Winter, and Love.
festivals & awards
- MediaWave International Festival of Visual Arts, Gyor, HungaryGrand Prix
- Ethnographic Film Festival, Berlin, GemanyGrand Prix
- International Film Festival Tiegu Muresh, RomanieGrand Prix
- Ethnographic Film Festival, Berlin, GemanyPublic Prix
- International Film Festival in Vila de Condo, Portugal'Manoel de Oliveira' Prix
- Prix Europa, Berlin, Gemany'Willy Brandt' Prix
- Prix Europa, Berlin, GemanyCritics Prix
- Ekaterinburg Documentary Film FestivalBest Camera
- International Hamburg Film Festival, GemanyJury Award
- 'Message to Man' International Film Festival, St.Petersburg, Russia'Silver Centaurus'